Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Memory #6: Beard




The last time I visited with my Grandpa at his house I remember he was holding Penelope (and she actually let him!)  She had been experiencing some "separation anxiety" and would usually cry whenever someone else would hold her for more than a minute or two.  On this day however, she was happily content in her Great Grandpa's arms.  It was such a sweet moment because she seemed to be in awe of his beard. She was just staring up at him and gently touching his beard with her little hands.  My Grandma and I were both surprised at how content she was in his arms and how she seemed to like his beard because she doesn't normally like people with beards.  My Grandpa offered the explanation that it was because his was so long it was probably softer than most so Grandma and I joined in with Penny in touching Grandpa's beard and it was indeed very soft :)

No comments:

Post a Comment