Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 1


P90X
Ryan & I borrowed P90X from some friends of ours & decided to take the challenge!
Today was our official 1st day (of 90). We woke up bright & early at 5:30am to start the first workout. Last night I was dreading the early morning wake up call but it was actually surprisingly easy to wake up today, must have been all the adrenaline ;)
Today's workout was chest/back and tomorrow it will be pylometrics (I think?). Every day you switch it up with a new workout in order to confuse your muscles to continue to get the most from your workouts. I'm not so sure about the philosophy behind it all but I'm up for giving it a try! I think it definitely helps to be doing it with Ryan because (since he is a man) he is so much stronger and tougher than me already so it helps to keep me motivated to keep up with him :)
We have both created goals at the beginning, mine is to lose 27 lbs. to get back to the weight I was when I first met Ryan. I think it is doable since I was a little over 1/2 way to my goal weight the day we got married. But after the wedding life happened and I gained it all back, as happens to so many people! But this time I am committed to losing it & keeping it off and I'm using my blog to keep me humble and hopefully motivated since I'm sharing all of this with you! :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Sal! Let me know how it works out. You with the P90X and me on my bike, we'll be in "fighting" shape in no time:)

    ReplyDelete